Friday, December 12, 2008

Frozen Sunset

BRRRRR....Winter is here! Winter is my favorite season--probably because I don't live in a place where we get a lot of snow! I grew up in California, in a town where snow is non-existent (it's only snowed one time in my hometown since I was born, and that was when I was six!), and I have lived the majority of my adult life in either Southern California, Florida, or Texas...and parts of the UK and Middle East where snow is also rare....so snow is an event for me, not a drudgery. Where I currently live, in North Texas, we get a few snowfalls a year. I find it's the perfect amount of snow to be super-fun without actually being inconvenienced. This is particularly the case since everything shuts down--there are no snow plows here!--and the snow and ice are gone within a day or two.

During my first winter in North Texas, we had a few snows. At the end of the first one, I went outside and took this Polaroid. It's one of my favorites...as the snow trickled to an end, the sun emerged right at the magic hour!



Frozen Sunset
Camera: Polaroid Spectra 1200FF
Film: Polaroid Spectra
signed prints at my Etsy shop

Stay Warm!

No comments: