Tuesday, January 27, 2009

faded glory

As my stash of beloved Polaroid films dwindles, I've been trying to enjoy shooting interesting places and people, and came across a crazy old mansion a couple of weeks ago that really demanded attention. "El Castile," or the Waggoner Mansion of Decatur, Texas, is apparently still occupied, but you couldn't necessarily tell that by looking.

Behold the last photo I will ever take using the beautiful Type 85 Polaroid film...


The Waggoner Mansion (2009)
Camera: Holgaroid
Film: Polaroid Type 85 (expired)

And here are some other photographs of this rather magical, out-of-time place:


Faded Glory (2009)
Camera: Holga with Polaroid back (Holgaroid)
Film: Polaroid Chocolate 80


El Castile (2009)
Camera: Polaroid 104
Film: Polaroid Blue 100


The Ghosts of Waggoner Mansion (2009)
Camera: Polaroid Spectra System SE
Film: Polaroid Spectra (expired)

Thanks for looking! I have not added these to my Etsy shop, but if you'd like a print, please let me know and we can make it happen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love, LOVE, LOVE this mansion and your polaroid pictures of it! Makes me wish even more that I could see inside of it...