Friday, September 4, 2009

Hollywood

My heart goes out to everyone in my home state of California dealing with horrible fires, including the Station Fire, which is, apparently, the biggest wildfire in Los Angeles in over 100 years.

I was in LA a few weeks ago, and I shot the remains of my last pack of Time-Zero film. I have had several "last packs"--packs I thought were my last, only to be blessed by kind souls who keep giving me more! However, I'm pretty sure this really was my last pack, RIP. In any case, this is my second-to-last Time-Zero shot. I've named it after the place where I shot it. I wish it didn't remind me of the current fires; I think of it more as an elegy to lost hopes, coupled with a smog-drenched sunset. Hollywood is, after all, a pretty nasty place, but it continues to draw us, moths to flame...


Hollywood (2009)
Camera: Polaroid SX-70
Film: Time-Zero *expired*