Thursday, April 29, 2010

WorldwidePinhole Photography Day!

Last Sunday was Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day, a fun annual photo event that gets people out and about with their homemade and purchased pinhole cameras to shoot the most lo-fi of images! I love it, because it gives me an excuse to go out and take photos using my Daylab Polaroid Pinhole camera, a fun little plastic camera that I always enjoy using. After some years of use, though, I'm having a slight problem with it; the screw mount that attaches it to the tripod has fallen out! I need to get this fixed, because on super-windy days (such as this past Sunday), not being adequately attached to my tripod causes some shake issues with pinhole photography!

In any case, I went out with my Daylab and my Diana+ in pinhole mode (still need to develop those images), and shot some fun pinholes. Here are some of my favorites that I've scanned so far...


The Indian Paintbrush at 10:30 AM
This was taken using my Daylab and expired Polaroid UV/ID film


The Indian Paintbrush at 3:30 PM
This is the same beautiful field of wildflowers as the photo above, except it was taken later in the day, using my Daylab and expired Polaroid 669 film
I've added a print of this one to my Etsy shop!


The Cottage Garden
I took this one at the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens, in their Cottage Garden, using my Daylab and expired Polaroid 669 film

More to come! If you've never shot with a pinhole photo, you should try it--it's very fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These have a great quality to them!

futurowoman said...

Thank you so much, Jeb!