Saturday, April 12, 2008

the beginning of the rainbow

I love the sky. I love the way the sky is a constantly-changing canvas. I know that's a cliché, but I mean it. And I love to take polaroids of the sky, especially using Time-Zero film. When we lived in Florida, I took a lot of photos of the sky. However, the sky in Florida is small. It's beautiful, but trapped in humidity and storms so often that it could be suffocating. The skies over our current home in Texas, however, are far bigger. We're not living in the biggest sky country, but it's far more expansive than the one that resided over us not two years ago.

One evening in the late summer of 2006, I walked out into our back yard, my SX-70 in my hands. I looked up at the sky just as a rainbow was forming. I took a photo, and felt like I'd found a pot of gold. How often do we see the birth of a rainbow?


The Beginning of the Rainbow (2006)
Camera: Polaroid Sx-70
Film: Polaroid Time-Zero
border removed in scanning
Location: Denton, Texas



No comments: