Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Dogs and Our New Chair

My dogs are two of my favorite photographic subjects. My whippet, Laika, is a beautiful model; she is sculptured, elegant, and gorgeous. My terrier, Orson, is cuddly, adorable, and spunky. They are both photogenic in their own ways, and, while my love for them prejudices me to think their photos are always fabulous, I do really love to share my photos of them.

This past week, I was lucky enough to get two photos of them that seem to go together perfectly, even though I took them a week or so apart. Last week, I shot this photo of Laika on our new living room chair, a beautiful chive green anson chair from Room and Board. I love its low light and subtle textures.


Laika on the New Chair (2008)

Today, however, I shot this photo of Orson on the new chair. A rainy day light made his portrait eerily similar to the one I took of Laika.


Orson on a Rainy Day (2008)

Yes, my dogs get on the furniture, even if it's new. :)
Both photos:
Camera: Polaroid Sx-70
Film: Polaroid Artistic TZ

2 comments:

Faiqa said...

So cute! I love their names, too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! :)