Friday, May 22, 2009

Retro Sign Love and Memorial Day Weekend Sale!

If you've looked carefully at my body of work, you know that I love taking photos of cool vintage and retro signs! As a professional historian, I appreciate signs as cultural productions and documentation of human desire, and I want to collect images of as many as possible, before they disappear. As a photographer, I love the aesthetics of sign design. Here are a few of my favorite sign photographs that I've taken over the past few years. I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do!


Apollo Liquors en Lomo (2008)
Location: Austin, Minnesota
Camera: Lomo LC-A
Film: Kodak Ektachrome e100g
Cross Processed


The Sands (2006)
Location: Orlando, Florida
Camera: Holga CFN
Film: Ilford Delta 3200


Diesel Fried Chicken (2006)
Location: Van Horn, Texas
Camera: Polaroid SX-70
Film: Polaroid Time-Zero
Note: This sign, sadly, no longer exists! I'm so glad I took this photo!


Thelma's Kitchen (2005)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Film: Kodak Ektachrome e100g
Cross Processed

More signs to come!

Also, beginning today and running through May 25th, I will ship all orders from my Etsy shop FREE WORLDWIDE! To get this special deal, just mention "MEMORIAL DAY" in the "Note to Seller" section of the Etsy checkout process! I will then refund you your shipping costs through PayPal!

Please feel free to pass this deal on to your friends, and thank you! Also, if there is a print you'd like from my portfolio but you don't see it in my shop, just let me know and I can list it for you!

2 comments:

Screwed Up Texan said...

Well dangit...I am glad I found out the Diesel Fried Chicken sign has been removed b/c I was going to take photos of it on my road trip.

futurowoman said...

Yes, I'm sad to report this. The building is still there, but the sign has been taken down :(