Thursday, May 21, 2009

strawberry picking!

Last year, I started going to pick-your-own farms and gathering fruit. I missed the strawberries in 2008, but a late season here in North Texas this year allowed me to get out into the fresh air on Tuesday and pick over 23 lbs of beautiful organic strawberries! I highly recommend Fall Creek farms in Granbury, Texas; it's easy to get there from the DFW area, it's reasonably priced ($2.50/lb for organic strawberries!), and the people are friendly!

Of course, I had to take a camera with me!


Strawberry Picking (2009)
Camera: Polaroid SX-70
Film: Polaroid SX-70 Blend

After getting home, I made three batches of jam--11 pint jars and 11 1/2 pint jars of the stuff! That's a lot of jam! I used organic sugar to go along with the organic fruit, and I hope to take some lovely photos of the beautiful red jars before giving some away as gifts! Now, as our spring transitions into summer, I look forward to blackberry, blueberry, and peach picking!

No comments: