Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Banality of Banality

I've been so busy with work over the last couple of months that I've barely had a chance to share a large backlog of photos I've taken! This is a quickie: two Polaroids I shot this past Friday while I was in Fort Worth.


Metro Food Outlet
This place is in Lake Worth, and it reminds me of something that may be in Martin Parr's Boring Postcards. It's simply insanely perfect, banners and all!


Cleaning Supplies at the 99¢ only store
I've been in love with the displays at the 99¢ Only Stores since I visited my first one on Wilshire in LA. This one is in Fort Worth, Texas. Love those nearly-invisible Care Bear fabric softeners!

Both of these photos were taken using my Polaroid Sx-70 camera, expired 600 Polaroid film, and no ND filter. I hope to have more time to share more photos soon!

Also, if you're so inclined, please check out this interview with me at Morgana Wilborn's great blog!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post and pics!
I'll have to check out "Boring Postcards".
Stina
SabrinaHollyVintage.Etsy.com
BelezaPhotography.Etsy.com

cameratakesphotos said...

I love these two images! They just say so much to me!

Hilary said...

These are fantastic. And love love love the title!

futurowoman said...

Thank you all so much! :)