Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bluebonnets!

I'm a native Californian, but I've lived in Texas now for nearly two years, and my husband is from El Paso, which is Texas, albeit a very different kind of Texas than where we live, so I've been a quasi-Texan for even longer. Anyway, the Texans are obsessive about their bluebonnets, and I have to say, after seeing this flower's springtime majesty in Texas for the first time last year, I am now a major fan myself! Last year on April Fool's Day, I drove between Austin and Denton on the peak day for Bluebonnets in Central and North Texas, and it was glorious! I stopped many times to take photos, and these two Polaroids became my some of my favorites. I dsplay them here, borders removed, as a diptych. I haven't seen any bluebonnets yet this year--they are late, apparently--but these may do the trick until the new ones arrive!


Bluebonnets of Springtime (2007)
Camera: Polaroid SX-70
Film: Polaroid Time-Zero
Presented as a diptych
Location: near Abbott, Texas
Borders removed in the scanning process

No comments: