Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My name is Nancy, and I'm a coffee addict!

I admit it: I'm a coffee addict! Coffee is definitely a passion of mine. For many years, my morning ritual has been to wake up and make myself a caffe latte, savor it, and then face my day. Although I used a rather fancy espresso maker for years, I have been a stovetop lavazza convert for quite some time now. It makes simple, fast, and simply perfect espresso each time.

Whenever I travel, I make it a point to adapt my addiction to whatever coffee is popular in the place I am visiting. In the Middle East, I simply adore the cardamom-flavored coffees brewed in brass ibriqs. There's nothing quite like the potentcy and aroma of a fine cup of "Turkish" or "Arabic" coffee, قهوة عربية‎ . I took this photo of a particularly good Arabic coffee while I was in Jordan last summer. I sprinkled rose petals around the ibriq, because the air smelled beautifully of a mixture of rose water, cardamom, and coffee, and I wanted to remember that, always.


Ibriq with Rose Petals (2007)
Camera: Polaroid SX-70 Alpha 1, Model 2
Film: Polaroid Time-Zero
Border Removed in the scanning process
Location: Amman, Jordan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

coffee is the devil

Anonymous said...

the devil in a super-sexy dress, man!