Sunday, March 23, 2008

Soft

I lived in Orlando for five years (2001-2006) while I worked as a professor at the University of Central Florida. While I was there, UCF opened up a new Honors College building that had a gorgeous meditation garden. Whenever I was teaching in the college, I would go to my class a bit early (weather permitting!) and spend a few moments in the garden. Once I knew I was leaving Orlando for good, I took time to go over to the garden with my camera, to steal a few memories of the beautiful flowers and plants residing there. This photo is one of those plants. The soft colors and textures of this photo really embody the mood of that on-campus sanctuary. If you are ever on the UCF campus, you should definitely take a stroll through the Honors College meditation garden.


Soft Like Japan (2006)
Camera: Polaroid SX-70
Film: Polaroid Time-Zero
Location: Orlando, Florida
Polaroid border removed in the scanning process

No comments: