Sunday, March 30, 2008

Lazy Sunday

This past week was very, very busy, and by the time I wrapped up everything at work on Friday afternoon, I was ready to veg. The theme for this weekend seems to have been: "Lay around on the couch and accomplish as little as possible." I really needed that, even if I do feel slightly bad about it. Note to self: stop feeling guilty about having a day off!

Laying around reminds me of this photo, one of my favorite photos that I've ever taken of my precious whippet, Laika.


Portrait of a Lazy Whippet (2006)
Camera: Polaroid SX-70
Film: Polaroid Time-Zero
Location: Denton, Texas

I took this photo of Laika at one of those typical moments when she had planted herself on the bed while I had the sheets in the washer. We had just moved into our house here in Texas, from Florida, a few weeks beforehand, and she still had pine tar stains on her face and feet from our yard in Orlando. (That stuff is impossible to get off!) Anyway, the bed is one of Laika's favorite places, and I often get nice shots of her there. However, for this shot, I think the lighting and Time-Zero film worked a little extra magic; coupled with that classic hound expression and the super-comfy duvet, this might just be the most Laika of all Laika shots. ;)

No comments: