Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Puritan Polaroid Project (and a Black Friday sale!)

I just got back from Boston, where I was attending the annual Middle East Studies Association meeting. While I was there, I took a break from academia for a few hours and went to one of my favorite spots in the city, the Old Granary Burial Ground. I am fascinated by the old Puritan and Post-Puritan gravestones, and decided that on this trip, I would take a series of detail photos from some of my favorite markers.

Since it's Thanksgiving, I put them all together today. I hope you like them.


The Puritan Polaroid Project (2009)
Camera: Polaroid Sx-70
Film: Polaroid 600 and 779 (expired)
Click here to view it large!

These are some of my favorites from the session. I find this cemetery so haunting, and I feel like I've finally captured something of that feeling with these images.


Memento Mori


Buried


Sacred the Memory


Death With Wings


Crossbones

For more of my gravesite photos from past trips to this cemetery, click here.

Also, I'm happy to announce a special I'm having for readers of my blog in my Etsy shop. Now through Nov 30th, if you buy anything in my shop and use the code "I Read Your Blog" in the checkout note, I'll give you a shipping refund! Thank you!

No comments: